Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Succinct Book Reviews
(aka Creating & Whit)


The Friday 56 is a weekly bookish meme

• Grab the book CLOSEST to you.
• Share the 5th sentence on the 56th page.
• Note the title & author
• Link back



THE 5th SENTENCE

"My kindness had nothing to do with this girl, here now. It had just been a drug-addled attempt to comfort my past. "

~ page 56, Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale




I just started this book so page 56 is as much a tease to me as it is to you!

The beautiful lyrical phrasing is not evident in this pair of sentences, but my Reading Bar post for today has a sample in the comments.

Did it peak your interest?
Comment at the top of the post.

10 comments:

Good one!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/04/friday-56_22.html

Mine's up at Lily's. :)

Sounds good. I put mine at Lily's too. I'm looking forward to reading that one.

I'm heading over to Lily's now... :D With a glass of ice water!

Hi!
Sounds interesting. Love the book cover. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/04/friday-56.html

Sounds fascinating...thanks for stopping by my blog.

Different that is for sure, thanks for stopping over today at mine Miranda...

jackie b central texas

I'm definitely moving this one up my TBR.

Interesting-- I'll keep an eye on this one! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Interesting. The title alone is enough for this one to make my TBR list.
Here is mine. Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for delving into my head. It's scary in here sometimes, so it is nice to have company! Don't step on the zephyr...

Link to SVZ & Mutual Linkers

Sweet Vernal Zephyr All I Want And More Amara's Place Welcome to the porch Stumbling Over Chaos
Desert Island Keepers Bewitching Book Tours Houston A.W. Knight Book Blogger Directory
Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr Sweet Vernal Zephyr

Ex-Google Followers!

Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome

I'm Miranda and I very
v e r y   s l o w l y review
Fiction & Fantasy & Erotica